Wednesday 3 March 2010

Too proper haircut….

My hair has always been fluffy. Never blessed with a beautiful head of hair.
But one learns to live with it.

During the Chemo’s back in 2004 I lost it all and felt blessed. Especially because many people grow much better hair after the treatment. So did I. It was curly, thick and easy to handle.
But…… after 6/7 months, the curls disappeared, as the thickness and I was back to my old me. Such a shame.
Again, one learns to live with it and at least I still had hair!

Since Tjep does the cooking my hair improved and where my hair was ‘short’ before, I grew it longer.
Now it is growing like mad and it cost me all my pocket money to keep it in shape with gels and hairspray. Taking much of my time too every morning!

Today, with the upcoming travels with the boat and the campervan in mind, I decided it was definitely time for a haircut and managed to book an appointment with the local hairdresser at 10 this morning.

A to me unknown hairdresser, did her very best and did cut ‘shorter’ to ‘short’, literally…. Far too short my taste let alone Tjeps’!
His face and his comment expressed every feeling when I arrived home, it was a big, very big shock to him.

We both calmed down now and happily accepted that my hair will be back to ‘reasonable’ in two weeks time and hopefully back to ‘normal’ in 4 weeks time.
Though to be honest, it saves me lot of time in the mornings!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment