Tuesday 20 March 2018

Let's talk about photography

Camera's come in al sorts and sizes, brands and prices.


Who of my readers never held a camera (including a mobile phone)?
You do not need to be a professional photographer these day to take beautiful pictures. The quality often amazes me viewing the photo's on Instagram.
Not seldom I am pleasantly surprised to read in a user's Bio '15 year old amateur photographer'.
I know, there are so many apps and programs to improve a photo but still you need 'the eye' to see the beauty of sometimes a very simple situation, landscape, animal.... what ever.

Give someone who always forget to include a head in a photo the most advanced and expensive camera, and still the head is not visible.
Give someone who recognizes the beauty of a paper clip on a black background lit by the sun a simple camera and he or she comes up with a beautiful artistic photo.

Not everyone needs to be a professional photographer who needs to live from his/her skills.
The joy of photography is also very important and adds much to the the story in the photo.
It shows not only the love for photography but also what people think is important in life, or beautiful. Photo's tell so much about the person behind the camera. I find that intriguing and sometimes also amusing; humour is a lovely emotion to express in photo's.

Instagram offers you a journey around the world for free. You travel through almost every country, watching it's people, heritage, food, history..... you name it. Some allow you to sit at their table and to meet their family members. Or even become friends.
One beautiful aspect of Instagram is the support of users for photo's of others. Always happy to provide positive feedback. And yes, friends for life are found on Instagram.

Photography has always been one of my passions (the other one is writing). Ever since I can hold a camera, I take photo's. And as with most camera addicts, I definitely prefer to be behind the camera and never in front.
It was not until 1982 that I learned how to use a SRL and I was over the moon when I inherited one in 2000. Although it is replaced by a Digital RSL, I still have the old one. In fact, I still have all my camera's! Somehow I can not part from them.

The very best thing about a digital camera is that you can take endless photo's, experimenting as much as you want. Editing is a joy (even though I am not the type of person that edits beyond natural). And posting on Instagram is a true joy as well.
I am learning so much from other people's skills and enthusiasm. An 'Instameet' (photo shoot somewhere with other Instagrammers) is great. And more to come.
Joined to the hip with your camera is like having a good friend around with who you share the beautiful things in life. A friend who challenges you to wider your horizon and to expand your
Design: Ike Roelfsema ©
boundaries.

I love the Wadden Sea and have taken and will take numerous photo's of the ever changing scenes and colours.
I am exploring Monochrome (black and white) photography, Still Life and last but not least Vanitas (see my special Insta account for this).
The latter I find extremely interesting and challenging. I learn from the old paintings when it comes to light, colours and shadows.

To be able to share my photo's and and photographic happiness with other's, I created a small website which I would like to introduce to you: Ike Roelfsema Photography
I hope you will find the time to take a look. All feedback is very, very welcome!



Hug from this camera addict!



28 comments:

  1. I blog frequently and I genuihely appreciate yolur content.
    This great articoe hass truly peaked myy interest.I am going to bookmark
    your blog and keep checking for new information about once per week.
    I subscribed to your Feed too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, I enjoy reading all of your article
    post. I wanted to write a little comment to support you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks very nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your way of explaining all in this piece of writing is actually fastidious, every one can easily understand it, Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good article! We will be linking to this particularly great content on our site.
    Keep up the great writing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there, its pleasant article about media print, we all be aware
    of media is a great source of data.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello mates, good piece of writing and good arguments commented at this place, I
    am genuinely enjoying by these.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello! I understand this is sort of off-topic but I needed to ask.

    Does running a well-established blog like yours take a
    massive amount work? I'm completely new to writing a blog but I do write
    in my diary every day. I'd like to start a blog so I can share
    my personal experience and feelings online. Please let
    me know if you have any kind of ideas or tips for
    brand new aspiring blog owners. Appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry for the late reply.
      Depends on how often you want to blog. Writing a post does not take much time.
      Good luck!! :-)

      Delete
  9. I am regular visitor, how are you everybody? This post posted at this website is genuinely nice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, fantastic blog layout! How long have you been blogging for?
    you make blogging look easy. The overall look of your
    website is magnificent, as well as the content!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words :-)
      I blog already for several years...

      Delete
  11. I am genuinely thankful to the holder of this web page who has shared this wonderful article at at this place.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We're a group of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community.
    Your website offered uss with valuable info to work on. Yoou
    have done a formidable job and our whole community will be thankful to you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Keep on working, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello would you mijnd letting me know which web host you're utilizing?
    I've loaded your blog in 3 completely different web
    browsers and I must say this blog loads a lot quiker then most.
    Can you recommend a good web hosting provider at
    a reasonable price? Many thanks, I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello my family member! I wish to say that this article is amazing,
    great written and come with approximately all important infos.
    I would like to see more posts like this .

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very good blog post. I certainly appreciate this site. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am sure this paragraph has touched all the internet viewers, its really
    really nice piece of writing on building up new weblog.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi there, the whole thin is going perfectly here and ofcourse evety one is sharing data, that's
    truly excellent, keep up writing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. As I love writing, I will. Thank you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. No, it is not hard. Just create an account and follow the guidelines. Soon you will find out how to create your own look.

    Good luck! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have not come across it yet. I am truly sorry for you but don't know how you can stop them....

    ReplyDelete
  22. Please feel free to do so but only when you provide credit ad sources back to my blog :-)

    ReplyDelete